We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. The world including our community has experienced hardships over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same - our continued commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you have surely noted this during your visits to our office. Our strict infection control processes are made so that when you receive care at our office, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to update you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continually monitor the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We started notifications Wednesday, May 6, about upcoming appointments. Please do not walk in without calling prior as we are limiting the number of patients in our office to maintain social distancing guidelines.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these additional protocols to help protect both our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand by text, email or phone to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our reception area will no longer display magazines and other items which cannot be properly disinfected. Our usual furniture is in storage and we have replaced it with fewer plastic chairs that can be spaced and are easily sanitized. We run an ozone generator every night in our office to more effectively sanitize when we are not present.
• We will be taking your temperature prior to any treatment each time you are in our office. We also keep a daily log of the temperatures we take of each team member including the doctors. Anyone who has a fever will be sent home.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. We prefer you wait in your car if possible and we will notify you when we are ready to bring you directly to the treatment area. Please wear a mask (homemade is fine) if you have one.
• The temperature in our office is set 1 -2 degrees cooler now as the additional personal protective equipment we are wearing makes us uncomfortably heated. Please bring appropriate clothing if you are usually cold. We still use a germicidal UV light which kills molds, bacteria and viruses in our AC air unit.
• We request that you do not bring others with you and if you must , we ask that they remain in the car if able.
We have been operational since May 8 and have successfully been able to keep our patients and team comfortable and safe with our new protocols. Our patients have been very receptive and appreciative of our expanded safety precautions. Rather than raise our fees as some offices are doing, we have instituted a small per visit PPE charge to help offset some of the increased costs for everyone's protection and safety. We hope to eliminate this fee when the price of PPE required comes back to normal (our masks alone have increased up to 10 times the usual cost).
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have implemented to keep everyone safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 727-384-4151. For office updates follow us at Facebook.com/StPeteDentist/ or visit our website at www.BWFamilyDentistry.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Wishing you good health,
Dr. Steven Bloom, Dr. Brittany Pierpont, and the amazing team of
Bloom & Wygodski Family Dentistry